Tandem paragliding in Alanya is a type of flight performed together with an experienced pilot (instructor or pilot).
- Education and Information: Before doing tandem paragliding, your pilot will give you basic information and inform you about safety precautions. This brief training usually includes information on how the flight will take place, safety instructions, and landing.
- Equipment Control: Before the flight, your pilot will give you information about the equipment you will use and, if necessary, dress and check the equipment appropriately. This includes the parachute, seat belts and other necessary equipment.
- Preparation for Takeoff Area: Before flying, your Pilot checks the general safety criteria. Here, your instructor will give you final instructions about the take-off and flight process and perform the safety check.
- Departure: You will take off with your pilot, usually from a high hill or slope. During takeoff, your instructor stays in control with you and makes sure you take off safely. There are 2 different departure points in Alanya.
- Flight: During a tandem flight, your pilot controls the parachute and you have a pleasant flight experience next to him. The pilot can perform maneuvers during the flight and you can enjoy the view. Such exciting maneuvers Acrobatics is called
- Landing: Your pilot will guide you for a safe landing. During landing, your pilot will maintain control and bring you safely to the ground. The landing area in Alanya was determined as Kloeparta Beach.
Tandem paragliding does not require the person to have any special training because the experienced pilot remains in control. However, if you have any health conditions or concerns, you should contact your instructor about this. People with heart problems are not recommended to fly with a paraglider.
Who Can Fly with Tandem Paragliding?
Tandem paragliding is suitable for healthy individuals in the age group over 7 years old, but some basic health and physical criteria must be met.
- Health situation: People participating in tandem paragliding are expected to be in good health. heart conditions, serious back or neck problems, stroke or similar This activity is not recommended for individuals with health problems.
- Weight Limitations: BTandem paragliding operator requires participants to be within a certain weight range. This is important so that the parachute can be controlled safely and the landing can be carried out safely. Under current conditions, the minimum age is 7 years or 40 kilograms and the maximum weight is 110 kg.
- Age Restrictions: There is a certain age limit to participate in tandem paragliding. Must be at least 7 years old or weigh 40 Kg.
- Physical Abilities: No specific physical abilities are needed to do tandem paragliding. However, it is necessary to be able to run 3-4 meters with the instructor during landing and take-off.
What Weather Conditions Are Suitable for Tandem Paragliding?
Suitable weather conditions for tandem paragliding are important for a safe flight. Weather conditions are carefully monitored by paraglider operators and pilots and must comply with certain standards. Ideal weather conditions include:
- Light Winds: Favorable weather conditions include light and stable winds. Very strong winds can make control difficult and affect safety during landing. Weather conditions in Alanya are suitable for flying throughout most of the year.
- Balanced Thermals: Thermals help paraglider pilots get higher and make longer flights. As the heated air rises, the pilot catches this flow and can climb to very high altitudes.
- Good Viewing Distance: Good visibility during the flight helps the pilot and his tandem passenger to see the environment better and maneuver safely. It is not possible to fly in foggy weather, but your pilot can go to high altitude and enter the light cloud layer to give you a better experience.
- Rainless Weather: Rainy weather conditions are not suitable for paragliding. Rain can weigh down parachute equipment and make control difficult. Exposing the wing to too much rain is very harmful in terms of flight safety.
- Low Cloud Levels: Low cloud levels generally provide better visibility. High clouds or low clouds affect flight safety. Your pilot makes these observations instantly.
- Absence of Lightning and Storm: Lightning and storm weather conditions are definitely not suitable for paragliding. These situations pose great safety risks and flying is never done in such conditions.
Tandem paragliding pilots closely monitor the weather and adhere to certain criteria for safety. Therefore, before planning a tandem paragliding flight, it is important to learn the weather conditions and safety rules set by your operator. Since weather conditions can always change, it is recommended to check the weather conditions before booking and on the day of the flight. If the weather conditions are not suitable on your reservation date, you can postpone it to another date.
Paragliding and the Effect of Thermals
Thermal currents are thermal currents that occur as a result of the air heating and rising in a certain region. Thermals occur where the sun's rays heat an area, allowing paragliders to soar higher.
- Relationship of Thermals with Paragliding: Paragliders gain altitude by taking advantage of thermals. Thermals allow parachutists to ascend, allowing them to make longer flights and move from one particular area to another. Depending on the hot air flow coming from below, some paragliders can climb to an altitude of over 2 thousand meters.
- How Do Pilots Detect Thermals?: Thermals may be evident depending on weather conditions. On hot days, the sun's rays can create more thermals. However, to determine whether thermals are noticeable, skydivers carefully monitor air movements and other signs around them during flight. A pilot who is in thermals may also make a quick decision to start climbing.
- Maneuver and Elevation Gain: When parachutists enter thermals, they try to find the center of the thermals by rotating their parachutes or performing circular maneuvers. When they reach the thermal center, their ascent speed increases and the parachutists gain altitude. Depending on the strength and intensity of the thermal, it is possible for them to rise up to 6-7 meters per second.
- Security: Thermals can add exciting height, but they are also air currents that need to be managed carefully. It is important for inexperienced parachutists to receive training to use thermals effectively.
Thermals provide paragliders with a natural source of ascent, but weather conditions must be evaluated carefully because not all thermals are safe. Therefore, paragliders carefully monitor weather conditions and take safety precautions.
How to Make Alanya Paragliding Reservation?
If you want to fly paragliding in Alanya, you must first make a reservation. Our company offers free service to our customers who make reservations within Alanya. You will be picked up at the time you specified during the reservation stage and dropped back to your hotel after the flight. Click to create a reservation